Wednesday, June 24, 2009

For my Papa:

You were my shield, my teacher, the pilot to me. Providing me protection; allowing me to trust first in you, then in myself. Standing guard with a support that allowed me to find my own way. You didn’t tell me how to live. You lived and I learned from you. Through the simple eloquence in your example I learned to embrace life.

Holding my hand, you prepared me to recognize the righteous path. Illustrating how to fly without fear; reassuring me through your eyes. You gave a love that taught me to believe in my own wings.

Today, I see in you so many things: Courage with compassion, Strength with Principle, Spontaneity in your Passions. I live, I laugh, I love as a true reflection of my father. A proud image of you.

Thank you dad, for being my father

No comments:

Post a Comment