Tuesday, June 30, 2009

On a Budget -

Given the recent state of the economy I have had to put myself on a budget. Not because I have lost my job but because so many of my friends have lost theirs. I will be the first to say that I am thankful that I have made it this far without being financially disrupted. But have I?

With all of my friends losing their jobs I find more and more of my disposable income going toward sustaining their pre-jobless lifestyles. What is a girl to do? I enjoy my friends and more so, I enjoy hanging out with them. If they no longer have the money to hang out then where does that leave me? Home alone with my blog. While I'm not complaining -segue into a complaint - but something needs to change. While I don't mind covering the cost of a Fin de la Monde every once in awhile, I can't cover the the cost for 10% of my friend base. Especially when that 10% is what I set aside to contribute to charity every year. So you see my conundrum.

Again, I'm not complaining. I feel I am very lucky given the circumstances. Just saying we need to get things straightened out so people like me can get their priorities back on track. And so people like me don't enable the people who were also once contributing their 10% to charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment